The Labour and Human Resources Committee focuses on social development of farming communities, as well as support to farmers with regards to the following:
· A complete labour relation system for members to improve management via our website or other sources;
· Hosting of training days and/or information days with regards to the Basic Conditions of Employment Act (disciplinary procedures, injury on duty, service contracts, etc.);
· To assist to establish Agri SA’s pension fund in the Free State;
· To compile and manage a labour consultant network;
· To organise meetings with the Farm School Forum on request (as the need arises);
· To organise extended Committee meetings (with labour consultants, on average every 2 years)
· One committee meeting to be converted into a telephone conference.
Forms and Contracts
If you are a registered member of Free State Agriculture, you will have full access to download information on all disciplinary procedures and service contracts. If you experience challenges in this regard, please contact the office.
Free State Agriculture can assist you with advice and/or to resolve certain labour issues. As Free State Agriculture is not an employer’s organisation, the organisation will not be able to assist you with CCMA hearings. We are however in the process to compile a database of labour consultants (with the region in which they work) and this list will be made available to our members soonest. These consultants will deliver their services to Free State Agriculture members at a reduced rate.
Information and Training Days
Information and training days, in cooperation with accredited labour consultants and the CCMA, will be organised. You are welcome to contact the office if you wish to assist to organise such a day at your local farmer’s association.