Who is Free State Agriculture?
Watch our corporate DVD here and learn more about the organisation!
Our committees are focused on and actively takes part in the following fields:
- To improve safety on farms.
- To inform, train and advise members on labour issues (minimum wages, workers contracts, etc.).
- To support farming management by regularly keeping you informed about market trends, risks, opportunities & risks in the industry.
- To be continually involved with rural and local government in the context of rural development.
- To investigate the risks that mining and mineral rights could have for the agriculture industry.
- To support young farmers and incorporating them within the community of organised agriculture.
- To improve infrastructure (roads & licenses, telecommunication and energy) in rural areas to promote agriculture.
- To assist members strategically to reduce risks in terms of disaster management and emergency aid by managing it organised within structures.
- To improve communication within rural areas by making technology more accessible and affordable for farmers.
- To assist with social economic development of rural communities.
- To meaningfully promote land reform and BEE in terms of commercial agriculture's involvement.
- To promote the image of the organisation by:
- by liaison with members about agriculture issues during annual regional meetings;
- to culminate all activities of Free State Agriculture in the Annual Congress - A showcase for agriculture in the Free State;
- to regularly share valuable information in terms of the agriculture industry by means of the website, e-newsletter and SMS's.
Become part of Agri SA's family so that your case can also be made nationally and internationally.